Ringing my bell..

It seems as if change is inevitable.. and dealing with it means having  to cope with farm animals, Monks as Neighbours and falling in love with your COFFEE MACHINE!!

I've now officially moved into my new abode.. (I say officially, as today I finally have a BT connection.. after a month's patient wait). Just as well I wasn't counting the days with a chocolate advent calendar, as I'd be the size of a small hippo by now..

New abode, new neighbourhood, new life! I'm back behind the drivers seat (not to worry friends: I'm driving like a really responsible (older) adult...Gone are the days of 3 point turns in the garage.. ho hum).
My silver stead is a gorgeous little (second hand) Golf automatic and compared to the cars in the garages next door (think BMW 6 series, one Jaguar and an Audi something or other), she measures up for sure! It's not what's on the outside, it's what's on the inside right?!!

Ok.. so settling in also means finding new ways of entertainment.. As I'm living in the countryside, my entertainment choices are somewhat limited.. I've seen "Bell Ringing" being offered at the local vicarage.. (wonder if they have many hanger's on??) and I've spotted a cricket match happening at the sports club just opposite the road, so it seems as if there is at least SOME young blood in circulation. My immediate neighbours are the Monks from Douai Abbey.. so say a prayer...

It's been great to have my first visitors (Janell and Craig) and to discover "my local".. a pub called the Rowbarge - which has the River Thames running right in front of it. Now just to meet someone who owns a yacht.. Mmmm: wonder if the Jaguar owner might have a spare one?

So onto that Coffee machine (mentioned above)... yes I am the proud owner of the most beautiful and inspirational item of kitchenware ever known to womankind! A shiny piece of machinery that creates crema on my cuppa every morning! Strangest thing: when I was apartment hunting, this was the LAST place I saw, and by that stage of the day I was almost willing to sell my handwritten recipe book just to find a place to call home.. When I walked into the kitchen and saw the built-in coffee machine, well...that's when I knew...
Call me shallow, but a good coffee is the epitome for civilised living!

Next step:  meet more people.. Maybe I could call them over with a bell, and invite them in for coffee?

Comments

  1. Oh what a beautiful coffee machine!! When I win the Powerball, I'm coming over for a cuppa!! Does it make baby cino's ( frothed milk)? Then Julia can come too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caro.. you're always welcome.. esp if you bring your gorgeous cupcakes! We could start a business! And sweetie pie Julia will get her own special baby cino for sure! ; )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment