Clothes maketh the woman...

Yip.. I started the clean up today.. all in an attempt to get rid of the old and make way for the new.. and I got side tracked. Looking at shoes and shirts, jackets and shorts and wondering
"What was I thinking" ?

I guess we all have a little favourite piece of clothing: one that makes us feel confident (my RED dress),or one that makes us feel lively and outgoing (my blue mini) or comfortable (my sheepskin slippers)...

So I thought I'd hi-light some influencial items along the way:

Aunty Hannies red pointy sandles:
I remember as a little girl, being allowed to put on my aunt's red pointed sandles, and being allowed to walk up and down the long passage-way.. barely able to keep my balance, but feeling very grownup!

School uniform:
Going to boarding school meant learning to tie my own tie, polishing my own shoes and wearing the cursed school blazer in the hot African sun..
It did give me a certain sense of pride though, when I got my first honours tie, or honours badges and prefects badge for my blazer.. and then nothing could stop me wearing them!

21'st dream dress:
A sexy red number, with a slanted hemline with tiny beads.. strappy sandles and a big smile!
It gave me some much needed confidence... at the awkward age between being self conscious and discovering your own beauty.

Donna's camel suede coat:
Whenever I wear it, I can feel her essence... her lightness, confidence and feminity. Probably not the most practicle winter coat, but definately the one I rely on for the downer days...


The interview suit:
Yes: this is the one I'm hoping is going to land me that dream job.. obviously accompanied by my oxblood red portfolio bag and my clinique red lipstick... WATCH THIS SPACE FOR DETAILS!!

Comments